Wednesday, January 2, 2013

30 Resolutions for my 30th

Ok, with the beginning of a new month, I wanted to give a quick update on how I'm doing on my 30 for 30 goals. February updates in RED. March updates in BLUE. April and May in GREEN. June updates in ORANGE. 

With the start of a new year, and the beginning of my 30th year of life...I have been reflecting and planning on a few things that I want to accomplish this year. I know most people don't keep their resolutions for the new year, and I am a past offender :) This year, its a little different for me. So here is my list for this year...(in no particular order)
  1. Grow closer to God, depending on HIM to give me worth and security.
    • I've started doing a daily devotional again 
    • I've been going to church on a regular basis now and I am learning so much.  
    • Beginning the process of becoming a member of my church and starting a new small group. 
    • I started my small group meetings at church this month and I'm having a great time with it so far. God is really teaching me how to live out grace in my life.  
  2. To go skiing
    • I went tubing with Sara at Ober Gatlinburg...it was next to skiiing :)
  3. To get my tattoo of a celtic star on my hip
    • I didn't get the Celtic Star yet, but I did get a small star on my foot. 
  4. To get regular chiropractic adjustments
    • Dr. Dedmon adjusts me once a month :) 
    • Still going :) 
    • I fell on my knee pretty hard and screwed up my lower back. I was going to the Chiro once a week through the month of March. 
    • Still going every month for maintenance adjustments.  
  5. To run a 5K each month of the year with Debbie



    • Ran the Zoo Run Run on 1/26 with a time of 40:18!! 
    • Ran the Cupid's Chase with Debbie on 2/9 with a time of 40:15!
    • Ran the Color Run with Debbie, Sarah, and Todd on 3/30. It wasn't timed. 
    • Ran the Purity Dairy Dash in April with a time of 37 mins
    • Ran the Ellie's Run for Africa in May with a time of  39 mins
    • Ran the Pillsbury Challenge 5K on 6/22 with Chris with a time of 38 mins 
  6. To paint at least one painting a month
    • Didn't paint anything this month but had one of my paintings displayed at Two Tone Art Gallery Opening :)
    • I painted the Nashville skyline and started on my black bird painting 
    • I finished my Black Bird painting and have started on "Firefly" 
  7. To finish remodeling my house
    • Made progress on the downstairs bathroom with getting some of the tile work done 
    • Still working on the bathroom, but finished my china hutch and bought a new dining room table and chairs. 
    • did a little more work on my bedroom, including making a desk and headboard for my bed. And I planted a flower garden. 
  8. To read one book a month
    • Finished Flying Solo 
    • Started reading Gone with The Wind, Boundaries, and 50 Shades of Grey
    • Still reading all the books above.  
    • I still haven't finished any of the ones above, but I started Ragamuffin Gospel :) 
    • Still reading all of these except 50 shades of Grey...not interested 
  9. To go on a vacation to an exotic place
    • I dont know how exotic Oak Island NC is, but I did go to the beach :)
  10. To pay off my car
  11. To watch Gone with the Wind for the first time :)
  12. To be more connected and engaged in my friend's lives
    • I went to Gatlinburg with Sara for a girl's weekend 
    • I went to Fancy Gap VA with Margaret and Shannon for a girl's weekend
  13. To have a regular girls night
  14. To spoil my dogs absolutely rotten :)

    • I made them their own doggie bedroom 
  15. To find an awesome roommate
    • Erika moved in this month...so far she is awesome :)
  16. To complete my DC classes and come out a healed, more secure person
    • Completed my class and definitely feel like it helped me through this time in my life. 
  17. To sky-dive
  18. To go to the shooting range
    • Check! Margaret and I went to Guns & Leather for target practice. 
  19. To get my concealed weapon permit and a new gun
  20. To go to at least 5 concerts, big or small
  21.  


    • I saw Eric Vinson, Michael Logen, Stacy Lantz and Jillian Edwards Chapman at the Blue Bird on 1/29, and went out with the girls downtown to see a band at The Silver Dollar Saloon 
    • Sara and I saw a great bluegrass band in Gatlinburg, and the DC girls went downtown again and saw a few more bands play at Silver Dollar
    • Went to one day of CMA Fest on the Riverfront and saw Lone Star. Also went to see Shooter Jennings at Nashville Dancin' 
  22. To not let any one person define me as a person, besides God
  23. To go to a Titan's and a Predator's game
    • Debbie and I went to a Pred's game
  24. To see Duke men's basketball team play a game in person
  25. To get kissed a by a hot stranger...just for kicks
    • Working on this one ;)
  26. To excel at my job and make a good impression on my bosses
  27. To be an awesome daughter, granddaughter, sister, aunt and cousin
  28. To visit some Nashville landmarks that I have still yet to see
    • Added a few new ones to my list while Cody and his friends were in town. 
  29. Ride the bikes downtown on a date
  30. To step out of my comfort zone 
    • I signed up to be a greeter at my church 
    • God is stretching me almost everyday to get out of my comfort zone in one way or another.  
  31. TO BE A BLESSING TO SOMEONE EVERYDAY 
So there is my list...let's check back in on January 1st next year to see how many I completed :) Happy New Year!! Hopefully 13 will be my lucky number this year!!

1 comment:

  1. *ahem

    1. I need to do this, too.
    2. omg - so fun! Invite me when you go!!
    3. I know a guy. ;)
    4. mmm...so good! One visit and I'm hooked!
    5. Have fun with that nonsense. ;)
    6. Maybe I can make Todd do this, too...dobut it.
    7. Exciting!!
    8. I see you joined GoodReads - have you set a 2013 goal yet? Mine's 100! (again)
    9. Just make sure you take an interpreter or go somewhere that uses English. Unless you're braver than I am. Costa Rica was STRESSFUL!
    10. Oh, we have so many loans to pay off this year...
    11. Overrated. The book, too. So long!
    12. "Because it's ladies' night..."
    13. Done!
    14. You haven't already done this?!
    15. Good luck!
    16. I don't know what this is.
    17. You have fun with that. Blech...
    18. I want to do this, too!
    19. I also want to do this!
    20. They have Live on the Green every year in Nashville - free concerts!
    21. I yawned right after I deleted this one and forgot it... Oh! Yes, you should do this.
    22. Woo, sports.... ;)
    23. (see above)
    24. Ooooh...naughty.
    25. This is a good one.
    26. I'm sure you already are.
    27. Have you heard of the Field Trip app? Look into that!
    28. That sounds fun. And scary - Nashville is super busy!!
    29. I'd say most of the others will take care of this one.
    30. I like it.

    ReplyDelete