Monday, December 17, 2012

Behold the Lamb of God

Last night I had one of the best musical experiences that I have witnessed in Nashville so far. I was invited to go see "Behold the Lamb of God" by Andrew Peterson at the historic Ryman Auditorium. I was invited by Caroline to go see the show, along with some friends from church. This was the 13th year that Andrew had put on this Christmas show and this was Caroline's 3rd time seeing it. Andrew Peterson goes to my church and I have heard for many years what an awesome show it is, but have never been until this year. I really didn't know what to expect, but I was looking forward to a great night of worship and who doesn't love going to the Ryman?

I was not prepared for what I saw there. I was introduced to so many new Christian artists last night and I'm sure I will have a few new favorite albums to purchase. Here are a few of my favorite performers from last night...these songs are not the ones they performed in the show, but they show their talent.

Matthew Perryman Jones was probably my favorite of the night.

Jill Phillips and Andy Gullahorn

And of course Andrew Peterson himself. 

Not only did I get introduced to a whole slew of new musicians last night, I was met by God there. I was in awe of his presence there last night. One of the most amazing parts of the night was when the whole audience sang "It is Well With My Soul" in unison. Gives me chills just thinking about it. It's nights like last night that make me absolutely love living in Nashville. There is no city like it and I am very blessed to call it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment