Tuesday, September 22, 2009

6 months and counting...

Six months ago yesterday, I was waking up to a crisp spring morning in a cabin with 4 of my favorite ladies...my bridesmaids and my photographer :)  I awoke at 5:30 in the morning and could not for the life of me go back to sleep due to nerves, excitement and anticipation. I had been waiting for this day for 26 years and planning this wedding for what seemed like years, even though it had only been 8 months since we got engaged. I got up and walked around the cabin, trying not to wake everyone up. I just needed a few minutes to think and pray, and prepare myself for what was to come. I went into the living room to find Nikki, my photographer and best friend, curled up on the couch shaking because it was so cold in the living room. I laughed at her and we sat up talking and eating cereal for a bit before deciding to go down to the reception hall to finish some last minute details...like teaching me the Cupid Shuffle. After a couple of hours we were back at the cabin getting ready for the day.

Although the day went by so extremely fast, it was filled with treasured moments for me, and I am so thankful that I have the pictures to capture the moments. Looking back it all seemed a blur of confusion, rushing and nervous tension, but in the end I remember it as being a day filled with the people I love the most, and laughing a lot. Here is a little tribute to our most special day so far...


The get-away car. Daniel looked so handsome in his tux.


One of my bridal shots on the amazing bridge in the park.


Our programs


Our gorgeous cake made by my friend Sarahbeth


Our beautiful mothers


And our handsome fathers


This was an amazing day for us, and especially for me. I have never felt so beautiful and so special, and the look on my dad's face in this picture says it all. I truly felt lovely...which is every girl's wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment