Thursday, March 13, 2014

I'm in Better Hands Now

So anyone who has grown up in the south has probably heard the term "Catch the Blessing", or a similar version. This means that someone has been overwhelmed by God or incredibly blessed in a way that makes them cry, run the aisles of the church, shout, or get goose-bumps. Well, there have been times in my life that I've gotten the chills or I've started crying in church or been overwhelmed...but I don't know if I've ever "caught the blessing", UNTIL NOW! Last Sunday, after an amazing morning at church with great friends, and hearing some of my favorite worship songs, I left the church humming and singing. It was a beautiful sunny Sunday, warm and barely a cloud in the sky. I had planned to drive down to Smyrna to meet Jon for the day, and I decided to go a little early to do some shopping before I met him. I was driving down I-24, doing about 80, my normal speed, and listening to the radio. I had the sunroof open on my car and the music loud to cover the noise of the wind. It was blissful. I was listening to WAY-FM because I was still in a mood of worship. Two songs that I love had just played and then the familiar tune of a song from way back came on. A huge smile crossed my face and I turned it up louder and began to sing along to the familiar song. At that moment I felt a peace wash over me that is indescribable. I felt all was right in the world and I was protected. I felt that I was surrounded physically in love and I'm sure for those who have never experienced it, I sound like a crazy woman. The second verse started and without warning I just burst into tears. I couldn't sing, I was almost sobbing driving down the road. I know what you are thinking...Mood swings...but NO!! I caught the blessing!! It was incredible. God is so real and so present in my life lately, and that was his way of confirming his love to me...through song, on the interstate, alone in my car. I tried to explain it to Jon when I saw him...but I think he was thinking I was crazy too. One day he will understand :) Well this morning, the song popped into my head from out of the clear blue as I was dealing with some stressful thoughts. I just smiled and thanked God for reminding me of his love and the truth, that "I'm in Better Hands Now." Please enjoy... )

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I've never heard of that, but I grew up Methodist. We didn't go for a lot of public displays... I went to a Church of God summer camp with one of my friends our senior year of high school....that was a trip and a half!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I'm religious, but I've had that moment of overwhelming peace. It is great, like an epiphany, and even when things get tough, you can return to that moment and it's all ok again.

    ReplyDelete