Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Art abounds

I would never had thought that we would become "art collectors". I love art and always have. It was a vital part of my adolescence. I often say that if it wasn't for my art and photography classes in high school, I never would have made it out with my sanity. I owe a lot of that to my favorite teacher, Mrs. Hill. She was an inspiration to me back then, and was always so willing to sit and listen to the childish rants of teenagers...you know how hard life is for a 16 year old. Art was my escape from the stresses of life, school, home and work. It was time for me to be creative and explore talents that God has given me. It was the pressure relief valve of life. Sadly, I haven't kept up with my art in a LONG time. I still have unfinished projects from senior year of high school that still beckon for my return. Life got busy, and I got lazy. Plain and simple.

It was interesting for me to find out that most of the Lovell side of the family (Daniel's family) are very talented artists! When I met Daniel's grandfather Charlie, who used to have his own darkroom and is an avid painter, I knew we would be instant friends. He inspires me too, but just like me, he hasn't done as much art work lately. When Daniel and I went on our cruise back in the spring, we took the opportunity to attend an art auction on the ship. We did it in an attempt to kill an hour or so during a rainy afternoon, and for the free champagne (HA). Well it turns out that we really enjoyed the art and left the ship with 4...count them...4 pieces of art for our house!! So, I guess we got thrown into being art collectors after all. Here is the beginning of our collection.The first three are all in our guest room, and the last is a stand alone investment piece in our hallway.
The first two are by an artist named Linda Le Kniff.
This one is by Itzchaz Tarkay (Little Round Table #7)
And the legendary Peter Max (Woodstock Series: Profiles)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Starr! I'm so glad you are letting me share your life!

    ReplyDelete