Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall is my favorite time of year!

Fall is in full swing around here in Tennessee. The leaves are changing colors quickly, the wind is picking up and the temperatures are falling fast! Daniel and I have been enjoying this time together and I just wanted to show you some pictures of our latest adventures.

We went to the farmer's market here in Nashville last week on my lunch break and looked for pumpkins.



 We found a couple that we thought had potential so we choose those and started planning how we would carve them.

We started by drawing out the faces on the pumpkins and digging in! I had forgotten how much work it takes to carve a pumpkin. It has been a few years since I have done this.







Our finished products!


This past weekend we attended the Mercy Ministries first annual 5K race out at Edwin Warner Park in Nashville. We absolutely love this ministry and we love what it does to help ladies in our community to come to know Christ. Plus Daniel loves to run, so this seemed a great fit.


This was Daniel's first 5K since before I met him so he took it easy. I was still really proud of him for finishing in 23 min and 30 sec! He wasn't as proud because he used to run them in under 17mins. Its all about perspective I guess. I was proud because I'm not sure I would have been able to finish in under an hour, but he is helping me with that. I wanted to take his picture crossing the finish line but he finished so fast that I didnt get up there in time.


We also took the opportunity to set up a vendor booth to display our products such as XS and Nutrilite to the runners. This is another reason I didnt make it to the finish line to take pictures.


Overall, it was a great day. We supported a great ministry and met some wonderful people in our community. Now the search begins for more 5K's in the next couple of months. And my training begins so I can run one with Daniel soon enough. Wish me luck because I really dont like to run. My motto is "I only run when being chased." This should be interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment